Welcome to my Blog!!!

Welcome clients and prospective clients! Thank you so much for stopping by!

You will find sneak peeks to recent sessions, upcoming specials and some info/pictures of my own family.

Want to be the first to know about a special? All you have to do is "like" my Facebook page!

If you are interested in booking a session or just have a question – please feel free to contact me at info@jennikenney.com or visit my website.

I’d love to hear from you so leave a comment and feel free to "Pin" any of my images (unedited of course)!

Monday, March 13, 2017

Do you know what the sparkles resemble in my logo? Read on to find out! Newborn | Family Photographer | Minooka, IL

I was given the opportunity to put 100% of my time towards photography almost one year ago and I honestly haven't been happier!  I'm not stressed out and I'm loving being there for my kids all the time!

I knew that I wanted a clean start to my new full time job ... which meant I needed to rebrand. I hired a big company online to create a logo that represented me and I was very disappointed :( They didn't get me and I literally hated every logo they created for me.  However, they were great and gave me all my money back.  So I went on a search to find the perfect company for me to design my logo.  I found Marie from Autumnscreek. I love colorful and fun things but I also wanted to incorporate the people I love that are no longer with us. She designed the perfect logo for me!

Let's take a step backwards for a minute ... I was at the funeral of one of my best friend's son, and the priest talked about how her 3 year old little boy was a caterpillar and now is a gorgeous butterfly. "The butterfly is the most frequently mentioned ADC sign.  It is a spiritual symbol for life after death because of its metamorphosis, or transformation, from a caterpillar that crawls on the ground to a beautiful, almost ethereal creature that flies through the air."  I have never looked at a butterfly the same after that funeral.  I think of Owen every single time I see a Monarch butterfly and it makes me smile knowing he is with us and watching over us.

In the summer of 2014, I lost my mom to COPD (only 10 months after we lost my stepdad to lung cancer).  I miss her with all of my heart!  I wanted her to be a part of my business, as she was my biggest fan!  The picture below was my mom's favorite picture of the two of us - it was taken at my friend's wedding.


So Marie from Autumnscreek put in the sparkles in my logo for the people I have lost.  There are five sparkles and they represent my dad who I lost when I was 2, my grandparents, Owen, my stepdad and my mom.

I have a love for photography but it's because I have lost so many people in my life that I realize just how important it really is - you just never know how long you have with your loved ones!

So now you know the meaning behind my logo.  It doesn't make me sad - it makes me happy knowing all of those people have a piece of my heart.

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment